Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to our Roots


I am excited to announce that A New Leaf Studio is making some changes in 2009. After reflecting on a wonderful and busy 2008 - I've decided that I would love to redirect the company back towards my original vision of celebrating life through the natural beauty of flowers.

To that endeavor, A New Leaf Studio is moving into a smaller space downtown Charleston (44 Morris Street). This location is an awesome design center filled with lots of like-minded women-owned businesses and buzzing with creative energy. This will be our main hub for design meetings, etc. Our production space is moving to West Ashley. There we will create amazing wedding, special event and daily delivery arrangements, container gardens, etc. I am also embarking on an organic cut flower garden that we can hopefully use in our designs.

Eco-Chic...It has always been my goal for A New Leaf Studio to stand out from the crowd by creating beautiful and inspiring floral designs that are as healthy for the environment and the recipient as they are visually appealing.

I plan to use this blog to detail my adventures in being a "green" florist, learning to compost, creating a cut flower garden and simple ways to spruce up little nooks and crannies within your own personal oasis.

I'd love tips, comments, suggestions and feedback along the way.

Happy playing in the dirt!
Annie